Thursday, September 23, 2010

Trents hosts a pity party... then hosts a meal for his neighbors.

Yes it finally happened. I hit rock bottom today. At least I hope it was rock bottom. I woke up in a good mood and thought, I am just going to stay in bed. Stay in bed I did. I had no reason to get up, so I didn't. I finished the fourth season of Dexter and was relaxing. Then it happened. I started thinking. Which is dangerous for me. I start thinking elaborate things and ideas that really just don't need to be thought. This is why I keep myself busy. Then it happened. I called my PCMO and asked him when I was going to come in and he said 0ct 5. I think this is fine. Then I realize that this is another week at site...

Now I call Sarah... and I am crying like a little baby. I mean it is ridiculous. I couldn't control my words and nothing was helping me and I was like this for a whole 20 min. I just sat and bawled. Now those of you that know me, know this is a big deal. I don't cry. I don't like to cry and I think it is ridiculous and serves no purpose when there are so many things I could be doing to fix this. But cry I did. Sarah was such a trooper and talked me through it. I told her I laid in bed all day and was thinking and blah blah blah.

Finally I get myself kinda together and Sarah my lovely friend tells me, I am going to get out of bed, I am going to shower and I am going to leave my house. Which is exactly what I did. But she was strong and there for me while I was crying ridiculously for no reason. So I am so glad.

So I left my house and talked to my neighbors and I informed them that I was going to make supper for them tonight. They had made me supper many nights now, so it was my turn to make them some good old American food. So I went to the little boutique and bought stuff so I can make, Tuna in Macaroni and cheese. Ok so I didn't say that it was elegant eating, but I at least fried some bread so it was like foccacia bread. THEY LOVED IT!!! They ate some seconds and cleaned their plates. I was so excited. Not only did I make a meal for the Burkinabe, but afterwards my neighbor told me that I was a great neighbor and that they were glad I was there. That made my whole night. Afterwards we watched tv and played cards. All in all it was just like a dinner and card night in the states. I call it a success.

Even better I called one of my friends and I think that I will be leaving site on sat and visiting her. I can't wait. She is one of my friends who likes to hug and I have been needing a great big hug.

Oh yes, I also must mention that I talked with Miss Kathy Davis. Now Kathy is one of my favorite people at site and if you enjoy reading my blog you will love hers. She takes the same approach to her blog that I do so if you like funny stories like mine and cultural mishaps. Hit her up. kathydavispeacecorps.blogspot.com

Miss you all!!!
Trent

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry that you hit rock bottom :( However, looking on the bright side, you can only go up from there!! Keep your head up, and enjoy your time there! (And don't think too much... sometimes it's better just to STOP thinking!!) I love you!

    ReplyDelete