Saturday, July 3, 2010

Posting from Ougadougou

Ok so there has been a small change of plans in my adventure. Here is what I know...

"The U.S. Embassy in Ouagadougou is issuing this Warden Message to update U.S. citizens on security concerns in the vicinity of Ouahigouya, Burkina Faso.

The U.S. Embassy has information that a group associated with Al Qa’ida in the Land of the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) plans to kidnap an unidentified U.S. citizen in the vicinity of Ouahigouya, Burkina Faso. If the group is unable to locate a suitable U.S. citizen in the area, it intends to find another westerner to kidnap. The U.S. Embassy has declared the city of Ouahigouya and surroundings off limits to official U.S. government travelers unless prior authorization for such travel is expressly given. U.S. citizens are strongly urged to exercise caution and avoid unnecessary travel to this region.

This information is distinct from and in addition to the Warden Messages issued on June 5 and June 7, 2010, regarding the northern border regions of Burkina Faso."

SOooo... We got evacuated out of Ouahigouya and are now living in Ougadougou (The capital).

To make this clear... I am safe. I am in no danger. I just thought this is something that needs to be stated.

I am no longer living with my host family, I am living in a hotel and am training here for at least the next two weeks.

I will post more probably because well, I have internet access in the hotel. So Yay. I don't have to pay for it. So that is all for right now. But there you are!

Also.. to comment on my blog you need either a google account or a live journal. I just wanted to share that. You must log in to make a comment on my blog. My grandma figured it out very easily. I have confidence the rest of you can. If you cannot feel free to email me your question. (trentonmtaylor@gmail.com)

Thanks and
Au revior

3 comments:

  1. Grateful the US Emabssy took such precautions and most of all Thank God for keeping you safe. love ya Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the flush toilets! Glad to hear you're safe, though in my mind I could see you being the straw that broke Al Qaida's back. Since I have referenced the above, does it now mean that someone in the State Department will be monotoring all of my emails? What a snooze for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete