Monday, June 28, 2010

Second Blog Post from Africa: A trend?

Ok first off I told you I am typing on a french keyboard, but here are what the different keys are: a=q.... m=,.... z=w. Just replace accordingly/ oh and :=.

Ok so I survied my first illness in Burkina Faso. Pretty sure I had food poisoning, which was fun. I just felt like I was slowly dying from the sto,ach for 16 hours. I got to poop green and many times. Wish you all would have seen it. It is just a natural assu,ption that when you are in the peace corps you are going to get sick. this fact helped matters because I felt like I was waiting for it to happen anyway; so I just wished that it zwould happen. Now the anticipation is over. So thats good.

I have got alot of e,ail responses to get back to and I promise to try, but this is sometimes difficult to do. So.... yeah *does Burkinabe hand sign for whatever*

French- French is interesting because it sucks. You drop letters: You say sounds I have never heard from words that I have seen. Needless to say that I am not a fan. I have french 6 days a week for 2-3 classes a day for 2 hours. Needless to say this is being beaten into my head. I don`t have an escape from it because everyone around here speaks it. I a, good at shopping in the market and ordering food. Which amazes my professer how I do so well at that.... my friends and family will not be surprised by this.

I went to a night club on Friday night. I got to dance to some music and would have drank, however; They only serve beer here. It is difficult to get any alcohol at all. I a, trying to find sachays (think of these like milk bags from school you can buy many drinkable items in them)of whiskey, but have not been able to find them. Needless to say, I`m drying out. The danching was fun but there is a big difference from america. First off it is 95 percent guys. Girls who go out here are usually either prostitutes or girls gone wild. So the guys just kind dance on each other; not like bump and grind but they just dance with each other. I did see some backing the booty up from many of the young men. It was hilarious to see the opposite here.

I think that is all for now. Im off to maybe answer some emails. Be sure to ask ,e any questions you may have. I will feel free to answer. I have no shame. ;)

BLog edit: my grandma asked me about the food so I will go ahead and adress this.

Things I eat over here include:
Rice in tomato sauce
riz gras (rice in oil)
spaghetti
cucumber and onion in an oil dressing
french fries
sweet potato french fries
salad (rarely)
alot of bread
omellette sandwiches
to (prounounced toe) tastes like tofu kinda gelatinous and covered in different sauces)

I am eating plenty and always find something to eat. I a, pretty sure I have lost some wieght; but it is mostly from biking everywhere that I go.

Good question... Cant wait for your responses::

Oh and my phone number here is:::::
74290322 country code is 0226... I believe: If you want to text or call me. It is free for me to recieve... however most likely expensive for you. ask my mom if you have any questions.

1 comment:

  1. Love you and so proud of you. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete